How to Join or Renew Your Membership in the Bay Area Editors' Forum: Three Steps
Step 1. CREATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP PROFILE
If you are new to BAEF or if your BAEF membership has lapsed, begin by filling out our online membership profile. Make sure you then complete Step 2.
If you are an active BAEF member your membership profile is already active. If you are renewing your membership, go straight to Step 2.
NOTE: New membership in BAEF is open to Bay Area individuals only; memberships in the name of a company rather than an individual will not be accepted.
Step 2. PAY YOUR ANNUAL DUES
AFTER you have submitted your new membership profile (or updated your existing member profile as needed, if you're renewing your membership), send $15 by debit/credit card or personal check to cover annual membership dues. To pay online by debit/credit card (using PayPal), select either "new membership" or "renew membership" from the drop-down menu below, enter your phone number in the entry field, then click the Pay Now button.
NOTE: You don't need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal. When you click the Pay Now button below and land on the PayPal page, there's no need to log in. Just skip down to Don't have a PayPal account? Use your credit card or bank account. and click Continue. If you ever get an error message on the PayPal page, try a second time, and let us know if there's a problem.
If you prefer, you can mail a check for $15 for annual membership to:
Bay Area Editors' Forum
268 Bush Street #1900
San Francisco, CA 94104
If you pay by check, please include a separate sheet of paper with your name, phone number, and email address in the envelope, and state whether your payment is for a new membership or for a renewal.
Step 3. MEMBERSHIP ACTIVATION
When your membership payment has been processed by our volunteer team (as soon as possible, usually within a few days), we will send you an email confirmation with your member ID and password. Use those to log in to your membership profile and customize which elements of your membership information you wish to display on our website, including a description of your editorial services. You can also add a photo or graphic, such as your business logo. You control what is displayed about you on our website, and you can log in to update your information whenever needed.
- Member forums on a wide range of topics relevant to editing and publishing.
- Optional listing in our searchable database of editors where employers and contractors search for the editorial assistance they need. Each member has a personal profile page, with access via a password-secured server. You can select the contact information you wish to display on our website, and describe your editorial services. You also have the option to upload one photo or graphic to your personal page. Alternatively, you may prefer to keep your membership information private and not publicly displayed on our site. It's your choice.
- Electronic Discussion Listan online hub where members network, exchange views and opinions on topics of interest, and post questions related to editing and contracting.
- Job announcements targeted specifically to our membershipemailed to you as we receive them
How to Be Listed in Our Website Database of Editors
If you are already a member, click on the Member Login link on any page of our website (using your member ID and password). Go to your Member Profile and check the
appropriate boxes for those items you want displayed on your personal page.
If you are a new member, we will send you an email with details on how to log in to your personal page and customize your listing, after your dues payment is processed by our volunteer team.
Whether or not you choose to display all or part of your personal page for public view, you have exclusive control of your contact information, professional profile and membership preferences. Remember to log in to update your contact information whenever it changesespecially your email address.
Have You Forgotten Your Password?
If you have forgotten your password, click here and follow instructions to retrieve it.
How to Join Our Online Discussion List
Take part in lively discussions with other members about topics of interest in our industry and post your questions and comments. It's the perfect vehicle to network and receive helpful advice from fellow BAEF members. This list is the channel we use to communicate with each other outside our periodic member Bulletin and forums.
When you are an active BAEF member, joining the discussion list is easy. Set up a free Yahoo! account so you have a Yahoo! login ID and password (if you don't already have one). Then go to our "editorsforum" group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/editorsforum/info and click the "Join This Group" button. Use your Yahoo! ID and password to register for our group.
In the screen that displays after you click "Join This Group," please write a personal note to the Discussion List Moderator that provides:
- your full name
- the email address you used to register for BAEF membership
This information will help the moderator to verify your membership status.
Email addresses to reach our discussion list:
- Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unsubscribe: email@example.com
- List owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you experience difficulty signing onto or off of the discussion list, contact the Discussion List Moderator.